Monday 25 February 2013

Ever had trouble with Gemstones and tweezers?

Because we've got a solution!

I think we've just genuinely discovered the best thing since sliced bread!! Honestly, this is a truly fabulous little gadget...






Now bear with me, I know it looks like a slightly uninteresting white pencil. But it's not actually a pencil at all, and you can't even write with it. It's much, much better than a pencil!

I was informed by the lovely ladies that were demonstrating that the technical term is a Sticky Picky Uppy Tool. (Although you may still catch me referring to it as a magic pencil...)

The Led isn't Led at all, but a type of adhesive. And the pencil can pick up gemstones and other fiddly little embellishments effortlessly. Basically, any little bits you might have picked up with tweezers, you can pick up with this tool instead. I found it so much easier to use, since it holds onto the gem, you're much less likely to ping gemstones around the room like I often do with tweezers!!

Just press down the pencil onto the gem and it will pick it up: 




Magic!

Then when you put the gem down into glue, the pencil will let go and it will stick just where you want it to.

Being a pencil, you can sharpen it with a normal pencil sharpener to a very fine point for particularly fiddly, tiny gemstones:


And of course if you damage the tip in any way, or get it dirty, you can just sharpen it again. So you won't need to go out and buy a new tool.

I have had a good play with it, and so far it has successfully picked up small gems, large gems, the extra large chunky gems, pearls, sequins, buttons, mica flakes, and just for fun I tried it out on some coins, and it almost managed a 5p piece!


This amazing new gadget will be arriving between the first and second week of March and has an RRP of just £2.99!


2 comments:

  1. Yes !!!!! I hope you will have it when i am on holidays in Ashford... you know, i am the french girl who phoned you yesterday for the Gorjuss stamp..
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!

    I did try to send you an email back, but it kept coming back to me for some reason. The 4 Gorjuss stamps we have are these ones:

    http://www.docrafts.com/productsearch/category253/brand115/textgorjuss/page1

    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!