Friday 11 November 2011

Vintage and Distressing

This has got to be my new favourite technique!


I've used the fabulous new Urban Stamps from Papermania, which I am so loving at the moment! Urban Stamps are great because they have all the convenience of a clear stamp, they'll cling to a clear block and they're dead easy to store compared to wooden-back stamps. But unlike most clear stamps, you can really get some incredible detail on them! They use the same kind of high quality rubber you would find on a wooden back stamp, so I guess they're kind of the best of both worlds really! There are some beautiful designs in this new range, lovely scripty ones and Vintage Postage Stamp images and all sorts, just the sort of style I love! I'm looking forward to having a go with them on a scrapbook page, I'm planning on making embellishments and toppers with them as well as lovely bespoke background papers. I really did have hours of fun playing with these, and an incredibly untidy craft room to show for it by the time I'd finished!!

This is the set I've used here:


To make that postage stamp topper behind the butterfly, I've stamped them randomly, letting them overlap, all over cream card in various shades of brown and red ink. Then I stamped two designs in black ink over the top of the others.

I love the Tim Holtz style distressed effect, but for a quicker alternative, I've used blending chalks! Just a few shades of brown and red smudged over the whole thing using a bit of cotton wool, then set with hairspray. And you have instant-vintage, easy as that!







To really finish off the topper, it's been cut using an XCut Nesting Die, and embossed through the Sizzix Bigshot Die-Cutting machine using this beautiful new Embossing Folder, which is designed to co-ordinate perfectly with the new Urban Stamps.









Definitely my new favourite product and my new favourite technique!! We're using these lovely stamps on our next Cardmaking Workshop and I'm looking forward to sharing some tips and ideas for some nice traditional Vintage Style Christmas Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!